The Studio/Operations Assistant is perfect for someone who is looking to start their career in the creative industries, learn from a talented and vibrant team, wants first-hand client experience and is ambitious and curious to learn how to run a successful business.
This role is full time in the office. Our office is based in Clapham, London.
Salary: £20-22,000 depending on experience
Hear Grace talk more about the role by following the link.
We are a design, communications and digital agency based in London. We work with a broad range of clients, in the voluntary, public and private sector, predominantly working with clients in the healthcare, social research and philanthropy sectors. We share our office with our sister agency, Revealing Reality, an award winning social research company. It’s fair to say that this is a unique opportunity for a recent graduate in terms of industry exposure and the breadth of experienced and skilled people you’ll be working with.
You will be joining our talented team of designers, developers, illustrators and operations, working at the heart of the business. We are a tight-knit team, and have frequent socials planned in the calendar, Summer BBQs, Friday drinks, weekly fitness sessions, free breakfast and bean-to-cup coffee.
This role has excellent progression opportunities. From the start, you will be assisting the Operations team in the day-to-day management of the studio, ensuring the team is supported and learning the fundamentals of the business such as the finance systems, resource management & timekeeping, assisting with creative idea generation sessions and the general organisation of the studio. You will be assisting with generating written content, proof-reading and sense-checking the written outputs we produce.
Once you have mastered the above, the role can then explore the more complex operations of the business: resource/project management, client management, new business and supporting the operations team and Creative Director in helping shape the culture of the business. There is lots of fluidity and open-mindedness here and we will support personal development and growth in whatever way we can. We reward people who grab opportunities and work hard to achieve their objectives.
So, what are we looking for?
- Passionate about the digital and creative industries
- You have a head for numbers and are able to apply your analytical skills to improving and innovating our existing systems
- A desire to roll up your sleeves, use your initiative and take an active interest and ownership of all aspects of both how we operate as a business and the key day-to-day running of a busy creative studio.
- You are keen to take ownership of your own development and career goals. We are looking for someone who is ambitious and eager to learn.
- You are a discerning reader and analytical thinker who approaches challenges in a methodical and logical way
- You are digitally curious and an early adopter of technologies
- You enjoy writing and feel that your writing is clear, concise and creative
- You are calm even under pressure and are able to prioritise workload
- We value an entrepreneurial spirit, and people who are not afraid to question the status quo and demand high-standards from themselves and those around them
- We are a collaborative, team-oriented culture but you should also be able to work independently
- Humility and a willingness to learn from mistakes is crucial
- Computer literacy – highly proficient in G Suit and MSOffice, particularly excel – spreadsheets is a necessity. Experience in Google Data Studio or other data visualisation tools would be a nice addition to have.
- WordPress is a nice to have
Applying for the role:
If reading this ad has ignited some excitement, then please get in touch. Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a little more detail about you and why you think you would be a good fit for this job.
We are looking for candidates who can start ASAP. The salary starts at £20,000-£22,000 with the opportunity for rapid increase based on performance. It is a lower starting salary, but we invest heavily in our staff and want to first make sure you are committed and right for the role. You’ll be rewarded based on capability, drive and what you deliver, not time spent here, which means there is the opportunity to progress incredibly quickly. If you do well, there is the prospect of a pay rise of up to 25% in the first three to six months.
ADDITIONALLY, your application will not be considered without addressing the following questions in your application email:
- Describe a learning, either from your professional or personal experiences, that you think relates best to this role?
- From looking at our website and the case studies we show, tell us what you think our company values are?
Thank you for your interest and we hope to hear from you soon!